Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Backed out of driveway and shifter went limp. Dash reads to

Customer Question

backed out of driveway and shifter went limp . Dash reads to be in reverse . I put shifter in park and now button doesn't work to shift it and dash still reads reverse but I think it made neutral before it went "limp" . It's either the solenoid on the shifter or the brake switch . took console apart and can push the button on side to be able to move shift lever but dash still reads reverse .
JA: Does the vehicle have a fuse that enables or disables the shifter?
Customer: I checked 25 and 27 but they looked good . It's an 07 trailblazer SS
JA: Are you fixing your Trailblazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have the console apart and was going to start with the sensor on the shifter . Felt like if it was the brake switch the shifter would activate gear selection .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: cant think of anything . no thanks I can fix it , don't need to pay 5$
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

if you get under the drivers side of the truck did the shift cable pop off the little metal shift lever on the side of the transmission ?

if the transmission is physically in reverse the shifter interlock will not work unit the transmission is in park or neutral physically

if so pop it back on with a pair of pliers as this is a very common issue for these trucks

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer