Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have 04 aval with 200miles that just began starting then

Customer Question

i have 04 aval with 200miles that just began starting then immediatly stopping. this problem is intermediate. took vehicle to auto repir shop and there are no trouble codes on the computer. it has 5.3 engine. sometimes the lock through the vehicle appears on the dash. any ideas? also it will eventually start for afew days and then go back to stopping and eventualy starting after 20 plus tries. thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

this is a 2004 Alalanche ?

when there will crank over and fire up then stall the issue is the theft lock system has been activated

as long as it will physically crank over then this should be a theft lock issue

since the light will also come on showing the lock this issue usually comes down to the ignition lock outer lock case that houses the passlock sensor not reading the key correctly

if this does this with another key then replacing the passlock sensor should correct this issue you are having

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer