Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

I need to bleed the back brakes on my Tahoe. I replaced the

Customer Question

I need to bleed the back brakes on my Tahoe. I replaced the master cylinder
JA: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?
Customer: 215000 and no
JA: What year is your Tahoe?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and I have bench bled the master so far and I know you start from rr and end with lf
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Two Person Procedure

1. Raise the vehicle in order to access the system bleed screws.
  2. Bleed the system at the right rear wheel first.
  3. Install a clear hose on the bleed screw.
  4. Immerse the opposite end of the hose into a container partially filled with clean DOT 3 brake fluid.
  5. Open the bleed screw 1/2 to one full turn.
  6. Slowly depress the brake pedal. While the pedal is depressed to its full extent, tighten the bleed screw.
  7. Release the brake pedal and wait 10 - 15 seconds for the master cylinder pistons to return to the home position.
  8. Repeat the previous steps for the remaining wheels. The brake fluid which is present at each bleed screw, should be clean and free of air.
  9. This procedure may use more than a pint of fluid per wheel. Check the master cylinder fluid level every four to six strokes of the brake pedal in order to avoid running the system dry.
  10. Press the brake pedal firmly and run the Scan Tool Automated Bleed procedure (all except diesels above 15,000 GVW) once, or run the Function Test (diesels above 15,000 GVW) four times. Release the brake pedal between each test.
  11. Bleed all four wheels again using Steps 3 - 9. This will remove the remaining air from the brake system.
  12. Evaluate the feel of the brake pedal before attempting to drive the vehicle.
  13. Bleed the system as many times as necessary in order to obtain the appropriate feel of the pedal.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** Thanks