GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a chevy 2500hd 2009. I started noticing my driverside

Customer Question

I have a chevy 2500hd 2009. I started noticing my driverside rear axle hub was overheating and ended up replacing the wheel bearings and reassembled to factory specifications. Replaced the brake pads and caliper. Still the hub was geating hot so I ended buying a whole complete rearend 10.5 ring. Installed it still I am getting the same issue. Now I ended up bring it to my friends shop. The truck feels I am dragging. What could it be. Any thoughts please.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 3 months ago.

is the brake dragging?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It feels like. I bleed the brakes it a seemed fine when qe had the wheel off the ground. Drove it home for a couple miles. Next day towing a landscaping trailer notice the drive side and at times the passenger rear wheel hub getting really hot. The fluid in the brake master cylinder was really hot to the touch. Which i have already replaced 2 or 3 years ago already. The brake looks pretty dirty in the reservoir.

did you change the caliper?