Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

04 Avalanche will not start DTC P0452. Truck sat for 3

Customer Question

04 Avalanche will not start DTC P0452. Truck sat for 3 months was running fine when parked
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No brand new bat also
JA: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed cold air put gas in manually eng ran not good but ran. seems like no gas to manifold
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: there was a pack rat under hood but no wire damage did nor ck wiring at gas tank.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

P0452 is an evap code and will not cause a no start.

You probably have a bad fuel pump, I would check all fuses and relays to the pump. Listen for the fuel pump to buzz for a few seconds when you turn the key to the on position. This will tell you if the pump is running.

You can also check fuel pressure at the rail with a fuel pressure gauge.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks,