Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

I have no lights what so ever keep putting new fuses in and

Customer Question

i have no lights what so ever keep putting new fuses in and they keep blowing
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes maam
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1996 k2500
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes just putting the fuses in thats it so far. Idont know what else to do
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just got it out the shop for gear shift and cable
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Which fuse are you replacing that continues to blow?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the fuse for the brake lights signal lights all lights. I think there is a shortage somewhere
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Has there been any repairs recently? Any collision areas? You said you had a shifter cable replaced recently. Was this problem occurring before the cable? How comfortable are you with removing components? My suggestion is a process of elimination. Probably going to take several fuses. DO NOT USE HIGHER AMPERAGE FUSES.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i had a transmission switch done and a gear cable done and my brakes lights dont work or any of my lights.Put a new fuse in it and it just blows right out. was working fine 2 days ago and now nothing.. The right fuses are in but the fuse box will smoke like ther are wires touching each other and not suppose to
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

my concern is that a wire has become pinched form the cable repair

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

I would start looking around the transmission for a wires pinched. They may have removed the cross member and caught the wires when they reinstalled it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok gonna try to check it out and will let u know what happens
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.