GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I've put in a new control bar and all three vent servo

Customer Question

I've put in a new control bar and all three vent servo motors and now it blows out of defrost manly
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 1991 Chevy k1500 pickup 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes a new a/c control board and all three vent servo motors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Defrost is where it defaults to with no vacuum. Near the firewall should be a vacuum hose that has a valve inline. Can you verify that it has vacuum with engine running before and after the valve? also you should have a plastic ball under the hood. Can you verify it has vacuum? also with the engine running