Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I have an 07 Yukon with some electrical issues. I was hoping

Customer Question

I have an 07 Yukon with some electrical issues. I was hoping you can tell me or show me a diagram with the i/p junction blocks terminals and there respective functions.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a service 4wheel drive error on the dash and the check engine light is on. We pulled the codes and it has a lost communication with the transfer case control module. It also has 3 codes in the history...lost communication with body, engine, and transmission control modules. I found a technical service bulletin and think I may have narrow it down to a lose wire on the X1 connector of the I/p junction block. I have also been experience other symptoms as well, like the radio and/or dome, front door light, and dash lights don't shut off anymore when you exit the vehicle from any door (well Actually about every 20 door openings it will randomly work correctly.) I also hear a loud buzzing noise cycle on and off...I believe from the fuel pump. Sometimes the traction control light comes on and the vehicle looses acceleration. And sometimes the lift gate won't open and /or close.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
paticularly terminal F3
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.

Knowing what those code numbers are will help me gain some insight on how to best help you. Any chance of getting them from you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Active: u0102
History: u0100 u0101 u0140

Thank you. Please give me a chance to review these codes. Be back in a bit...

OK. Since the BCM is the "boss module" and knowing there is a pattern of failure due to bad grounds, that's where I would start my diagnosis. Do you have access to a Tech-II or equivalent scan tool capable of communicating with the BCM?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a friend that will lend me one but he is not very experienced with it and wouldn't know how to diagnose it.

The advantage of using the scan tool is that you can wiggle the harness and tug on the connectors and see if values change on the display. The option would be to do a complete pin-out, but doing that wouldn't reveal loose or intermittently bad connections, or tell us whether or not we have a bad module.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you give me a diagram that tells what the terminals on the ip fuse block control?

I can probably get you the connector pin-out. Are there 4 connectors going to the one you're working on? Also, can I get the VIN?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3 on the front and 1 on the back. I need to know the one on the back

What about that VIN?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's Connector X1

Well, there isn't much I can do without the VIN to look up the correct diagram. Any particular reason why you won't give me that information?

Man, I'm on your side, but you sure make it hard for me to try to help you. you see, without the VIN, I didn't know what the body style was or what engine and other features were in it, so I just went with what you gave me "2007 Yukon". I've attached the pin-out for connector X1.

Hope that helps you out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah MAN, easy, I thought I had sent to you like 3 answers ago.. This website is not exactly real time info. I submitted 3 answers in a row right after you asked me for the vin and apparently the 1st one didn't go through. No there is absolutely no reason why I would t give it to you.1GKFK13027R128109
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also got a broken phone and limited opportunities to check your responses

Like I said, I'm on your side and all I want to do is help you. As it happens to be, the pin-out I uploaded for you fits that VIN - 2007 GMC Yukon 4WD 4dr 1500 SLT 5.3L Flex Fuel.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not seeing an F3 terminal. That is the one I am looking for info on

Please see attached graphics.