AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 1998 chevy c2500 died going down the road. Has been

Customer Question

I have a 1998 chevy c2500 died going down the road. Has been hard starting. I checked at the fuel rail and there was no fuel pressure. Installed a new fuel pump, has pressure now will not start. Will run if you pour fuel down the throttle body
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 214000, just installed a new engine 300 miles ago
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am getting a p1351 code. Replace the coil and ignition control module with one off of the old motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think off
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Habe you checked injector pulse while cranking? What is the fuel pressure at?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have pressure gauge but it shoots way up when you depress the valve and it didn't before we replaced the pump. Will run when you pour gas in the throttle body
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Ok so your next step would be to check power to the injectors and check injector pulse using a noid light. It should blink as the engine is cranking over. Also, be sure there are no anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash when trying to start the engine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no security lights on, I don't have any noid lights and I have a code p1351
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

What size engine do you have?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
350 vortec
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

This code is for the ignition system.. which I dont think is the prbolem because the engine runs on starting fluid. That means the ignition system is good.

This trouble code can set from extended cranking and is most likely not the cause of the problem as long as there is spark.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok whats your idea
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

I already told you what to check.

Me

2 Sept 2016, 11:17 AM

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

.