Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I left my key turn on all day in my 2006 hhr battery dead

Customer Question

I left my key turn on all day in my 2006 hhr battery dead got the key out so how do I start it???
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Yes can I jump it and by the way do I jump the one in front or in back
JA: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The key was stuck so I got tht out could it be anti theft locked or dead battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Have you charged or replaced or jumped the battery to see if it will start?

Does anything on the car have power?

Will the key turn to all positions?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The key gets locked in when I try to start it to jump it so can't test it is it the anti theft locked
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do u have a answer for me

When you say the key gets locked in are you saying it will insert but not turn or you can insert it and turn it but can not remove the key?

What is the battery voltage?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dont kno im stuck at my job so dont have a tester
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
turn it but nothing comes on and it gets stuck again

Do the headlights work and do they remain bright when trying to start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it will insert and turn but no power and it wont come back out
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No power at all
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im not getting any answers from I just questions sir can u help me or not

Thanks, ***** ***** is for sure dead if nothing at all has power. Your having trouble removing the key because your getting low power to the ignition lock solenoid. There is a chance you have damaged sensitive electronics with the battery surging till dead while the key was in the run position. At this point you need to try a jump start. If that fails then we will need a charged battery in the vehicle and a volt meter to go into some testing.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris