GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I'm replacing the right front brake line from the wheel to

Customer Question

I'm replacing the right front brake line from the wheel to the Stabilitrak unit and I need to know the brake line connections to the stabilitrak. The unit I have has six lines yto it. The vehicle is a 2004 Chevy Tahoe 4-W drive.
JA: Have you checked the fluid? How old are the brakes?
Customer: Fluid is OK. but the line I'm replacing is rusted and leaking - therefore the replacement job.
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I'm ready to replace the bad brake line.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I need the connection diagram for the Stabilitrak unit.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

There are 2 pipes from master cylinder and one for each wheel. I guess I need some clarification what you are asking for. Also note this system likely needs a scan tool to properly bleed the brakes.