sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My active handling service light now lights-up on occasion -

Customer Question

My active handling service light now lights-up on occasion - can I disable this function completely?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

the only way to remove or disable this function is to repair the system correctly OR have the computer programmed to remove the active handling from the programming which if you do a google search there are automotive computer programming places you can send it to for them to remove that option out of the computer so the light will not come on for you

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you identify one of these automotive computer programming place in Rockford, Illinois?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

i am in CT i do not know any in that state

i will do a google search and send them out

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not received any information that you promised me from google - at this point your answer in not satisfactory - don't charge me!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am still waiting for the google info you said you would send!
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

call this place here

or do a search for any local in your area

http://www.hitechtuning.com/about/

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HItechtuning says that they can not help me - so what next?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

The shop was most likely unwilling/unable to help because of liability and safety concerns, it's a federal offense for a shop to disable a safety system without a medical requirement and official legal authorization to do so. This is a safety system just as airbags and seatbelts are.

Have you considered a used ABS module?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why would you give me an answer that is Federal Offense? Do Not Charge me for this kind of information!!

I'm trying to help you actually get the problem repaired as it cannot be removed from the vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how is it going? "trying to help you get the problem repaired" so what is up?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am still waiting for "trying to help you get the problem repaired" - Please give a refund on what you charged me!

If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok - I want my refund!! Show?tell me how!

You should see a help link.