Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

I have a 2006 Silverado and the blower for air/heat doesn't

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Silverado and the blower for air/heat doesn't work? Should I search for a loose wire or something else?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

Does this vehicle have the Auto Temp Control feature?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Ok great. First, check the fuse labeled as "BLWR" in the under-hood fuse block. If the fuse is good, access the blower motor from under the passenger's side dash (remove the insulator panel if equipped). Unplug the electrical connector and apply 12v to the blower motor. Purple = ( + ) / Black = ( - ). If the blower motor does not respond, replace the blower motor. If the blower does respond, the harness will need to be inspected for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the harness checks ok, replace the Blower Motor Resistor. More commonly here, if it just stopped working, will be the blower motor itself. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.