Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

I have a 1995 suburban when i drive down the highway it cuts

Customer Question

hello i have a 1995 suburban when i drive down the highway it cuts back making a jerking movement and also it runs rough after starting i have replaced spark plugs and all the filters from gas to air i also have added gum out to fuel tank i don't make a lot of money and i have small children any help would be grateful
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have any test equipment?

Fuel pressure gauge? Timing light?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Do you plan to fix it yourself? I would start with having the fuel pressure checked. Your symptoms indicate a possible fuel pump problem.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.