Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

Have a 2003 ls5.3 have a inline fuel pump when turning key

Customer Question

Have a 2003 ls5.3 have a inline fuel pump when turning key on fuel psi will go to 58 psi pump cuts off then psi will drop to around 48 psi when trying to start as soon as it is cranking you lose injector pluse if you spary a little starting fluid it will start
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: It is a swap
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Making sure it has a full 12 v checked all the grounds with a meter checked fuel psi with a fuel gauge check injector pluse with light
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When starting it will crank and then shut off but if you spary a little starting fluid before shuts off it stay running for just sec
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

48PSI is not sufficient to open the injectors. 55PSI is absolute minimum. Can you adjust your maximum? 62PSI is maximum.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.