Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 03 silverado that will not shift out of 1st unless

Customer Question

I have a 03 silverado that will not shift out of 1st unless i back off. also check engine light is on. error cods p0101, p0356, p0449 and p0455. any of these related to shifting? the trans has been rebuilt (seals and rings) 2 times and still the issue the mechanic gave $ back for labor
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on. I borrowed a snap on scanner so i can force evap solenoid to check
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: silverado
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: rebuild of the hydo end of trans by mechanic. if it is easy yes. i am going to check the evap solenoid and wire
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: disconnect wire at solenoid put on light force on
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. YES, the two engine codes related to the performance can and will prevent the transmission from shifting properly. The P0356 and P0101 need to be addressed first before any transmission work is done.