GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I replaced the ignition switch but it still won't start, All

Customer Question

I replaced the ignition switch but it still won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: All good
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 2500hd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I have checked all the fuses relays battery and now ignition switch
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It started drove it home and now it won't even crank
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, what engine is in your truck?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!