Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

Windshield washer pump on 1998 gmc jimmy. The first thing I

Customer Question

Windshield washer pump on 1998 gmc jimmy.
The first thing I would like to know is where the fuse would be located and if that is good how to remove tank and replace pump
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I looked in owners manual for fuse location but I didn't see it either under the hood or inside on the lower dash
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes does the tank have more then one bolt holding it on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

On this vehicle, the washer pump is not fuse protected. There is one mounting bolt for the washer reservoir, and then the bottom of the tank chiseled/ribbed piece that is held in by a rubber grommet. Once the mounting bolt is removed, firmly grasp the tank and give a good, solid tug upward to release the tank at the bottom. I have a small PDF file that will show the steps to replace the washer pump and tank. Download the PDF file here:

If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.