Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My wipers work but the fluid ends up on the ground after i

Customer Question

my wipers work but the fluid ends up on the ground after i pull on the lever that is supposed to spray through the nozzles onto the windshield. When i stop pulling on lever, fluid stops running out.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

Ok, you will need to check the pump for leaking as well as trace the hose for a leak and replace as needed.

The pump is at the bottom of the reservoir at lower front of engine compartment(see attached). You remove the front left tire and then the wheel well liner to access it.

The hose runs from there to the left rear top of engine compartment and up to underside of the hood(see attached) - remove the liner on underneath of hood to access that part of the hose.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It sounds like I'll have to take it to a shop. Can't do that myself. This car is 2 years old, is this a common problem?
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

It is only common in areas that have hard winters and the hoses become brittle. Otherwise not very common. It is possible that it is a hose that disconnected at a junction either at the pump or where it crosses up to the hood.

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?