Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

My 2008 chevy duramax broke down in Healy Alaska due to the

Customer Question

my 2008 chevy duramax broke down in Healy Alaska due to the code P2463 soot accumulation particulate filter restriction. We had to abandon the truck to get home and I have to figure a way to go get it. What does this mean and what do I need to get to make the truck run again? I want to go there with the right parts thanks
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: about 56,000 miles. we just put on about 1500 miles on this current trip
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chevy?
Customer: 2500 sierra 4 door***** It is the work truck model
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing because we have no parts there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the truck went into engine safe mode and will only drive like 20 or 25 miles per hour. We did reset the codes once but that only worked for a few minuets
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means the Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Procedure needs to be done. If that doesn't help then replace filter and do procedure again. Here is the procedure, let me know if you have more questions. THanks.