Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The cigarette lighter is not working and the locks go crazy

Customer Question

the cigarette lighter is not working and the locks go crazy every so often - they open and shut automatically - the fuses are fine
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2007 chevy tahoe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all the fuses - replaced some that looked suspicious
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: cannot think of any
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help.

On the lighter, since the fuse is good. You need to test the socket. The sidewalls are ground. OHM test that to another ground to confirm continuity. The base of the socket is the power, test that to another ground to confirm you get battery voltage. If those are good then the fuse in your plug in accessory or the lighter is faulty.

Can you go into more detail on the locks, like occurring while driving, occurring when approaching stop lights and pulling away, occurring when changing gears, occurring while off and the key is removed?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not happy. When I needed someone no one answered and now I am getting these late messages and you keep charging my credit card. Please stop the charges and please refund my money. Pleas
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel any and all future charges. Thank you. I never received any answer worth anything and it was very late.
Dr ***** *****

I will put in your refund request. Sorry you could not reply on the 26th and tell me then more assistance was needed.