sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Cooling fans will not come on with the a/c, 2007 chevy

Customer Question

cooling fans will not come on with the a/c
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2007 chevy uplander
JA: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the a/c works fine if I use a scan tool to turn the fans but fans will not kick on bye them self
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: with the a/c on and running the high side pressure will go over 400 with out the fans
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: good shape
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I assume that you have checked the fuse/relay for this circuit? I know you were able to turn it on with the scan tool but it is always best to cover your bases...

Are you still looking for help with this issue?

If you need me, I will be available tomorrow. Please let me know if you are still looking for help or if you have figured out what is going on

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the cooling fans will actuate with a scan tool yet do not run for a/c operation then it almost surely isn't seeing a correct high side pressure. The a/c transducer reading is watched to know when to turn the an on and off to control high side pressure. If the transducer isn't accurate and is showing a low pressure then it can prevent the fans from running. What should be done is check the transducer's signal with a scan tool against what is shown on a gauge set, and you should find that the transducer pressure is lower than actual.