Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 Chevy Silverado 6.6 duramax all stock that had a GT

Customer Question

2006 Chevy Silverado 6.6 duramax all stock that had a GT platinum bullydog programmer and one day my intake pipe blew off my motar so I put it back on and it hasn't been the same since. Shifting points are off and doesn't shift till usually 2500 rpm, engine is always winding down when not accelerating like it's stuck in haul mode, horrible throttle response, no power and the programmer threw few odd codes like transmission MIL request. Also the programmer would say TC LOCKED in all 6 gears. 6speed automatic Allison transmission. Any clue on what's going on? ECM/TCM, tranny failure, torque converter failure, fueling failure? I need HELP
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Idk where to start
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Its possible your programmer has ruined your computer and parts on the engine and transmission. At first this looked like a turbo pressure issue where as the turbo was making to much boost but as I read more the symptoms other than the hose blowing off do fit that of a torque converter clutch stuck applied from a mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical command. If you remove the programmer and reset the truck back to stock what concerns do you get?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just said all of my concerns and problems? it's no different, it don't have the diesel power at all
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What do you suggest expert?

Since the programmer is now not in use on the vehicle. After 5 drives can you tell me what codes are stored?

Do you have the tools for diagnosing and repairing the transmission if need be?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can go to like autozone and get it diagnosed there tonight and let you know. But before I took the programmer off it threw 6 codes three of them was being thrown from the aftermarket exhaust and stack then the three that worry me was. an unknown DTC, Transmission MIL request, ECM engine off timer performance. But it runs just as shitty as when I took it off and when it was on... It's very confusing to explain really but it's not right and I know it. It has no power it really don't and I noticed the TC always being locked in all gears witch it was never like that before the pipe blow off.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just little things I notice that are different or catching my attention

Will your tool show trans fluid temp, that reading wrong can cause the converter to always be engaged. The converter should engage in the 2 highest gears and above 45mph to reduce trans temp and to increase fuel mileage.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trams fluid temp runs higher then normal on some days

High trans temps would be from the converter clutch slipping or the temp gauge reading incorrect.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what should I do?

You need to diagnose and fix each code then address symptoms not storing codes. If I knew the codes I could provide the diagnostic steps.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
P2610, P0700

2610 normally means the ECM is faulty https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/2610.pdf

0700 means a better scan tool is needed to get the transmission codes.