GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2003 P/U. Driving to work this morning in the dark using

Customer Question

2003 P/U. Driving to work this morning in the dark using just DLR, the low beams quit working. now all I have is high beams, but only if I use the headlight switch. all other lights work fine
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: checked all the fuses and relays. did NOT pull the bulbs and check tham
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: it is just the base P/U. V-6 auto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I always do my own work. I have pulled one light and checked the power with a meter. it shows 12 volts. I have also checked all fuses both in the cab and under the hood.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!