GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a chevy optra 2005 and whe i put it on direct if it

Customer Question

hi i have a chevy optra 2005 and whe i put it on direct if it goes more than 40km per hour it doent shift up
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: i had the engine changed, but the mechanic says it can be an electrical prob, i vaent notice any leaks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im trying to find out how to change the transmission solinoid to see if that helps
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: my radio stopped working and the speedometer doest work either as well as my flash lights
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete