Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have a 2005 chevy Duramax 6.6L diesel, the engine surges

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chevy Duramax 6.6L diesel, the engine surges at idle and stalls after it idles for extended periods of time. it has stalled while driving at around 30 mph. if i wait 10 or fifteen minuites it will start after I pump the filter pump. Also the engine light comes on but goes out sometime after restarting.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

what is the mileage on it?

the delivery pump in tank is weak or
the injector lift pump is weak .

is there any fuel leak at the filter/water sperator connection, that is common problem , can you check that and let me know?

can you have it scanned and retrieve the fault code and post them back here for me , then i can be more accurate for you.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat