Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

High beams not work on my 2008 chevy silverado changed all

Customer Question

high beams not work on my 2008 chevy silverado changed all bulbs the indicator lights up
JA: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Customer: replaced all bulbs and the fuse box was changed at the dealer do to a fire in the fuse box
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked fuses all good someone told me it could be a relay but don't know where it is located
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did this issue occur after the fire took place or after the fuse box was replaced?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know for sure when they stopped working the dealer changed the fuse box and some time after i noticed that they where not working the indicator light comes on but hi beams don't
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think after the box was replaced
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here?

Do you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think a 5.3 i don't have any way to test if u would like to call me my # is 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I am unable to place a call here on this myself.Would you like to continue here instead?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,let me look at some diagrams of what is occuring here to give you an idea of the fault.Unfortunately without electrical test equipment it can be difficult to pinpoint from here without testing some signals but let me see what I can locate on this I will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,in your under hood fuse panel there is a relay labeled HI BEAM.If this relay is not clicking when you select high beam this relay can be at fault here causing this issue needing replaced.Or since there was damage under hood with the fire it may be the dealer did not inspect and repair all wiring to the high beam circuit for the relay and high beam fuse operation.The body control module turns on the high beams but since the indicator does light up I suspect the body control module is o.k. and the fault is the relay itself or wiring into the fuse panel that needs repaired.

You can see if the dealer will look into this issue at no charge to you if you let them know this is an issue ever since they replaced this fuse panel as they may correct it at no charge to you.Below is a diagram of this fuse panel for the high beam signals and relay controls.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete