JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I get a code C0379 (FRONT AXLE ACTUATOR). iS THIS EASY TO

Customer Question

I get a code C0379 (FRONT AXLE ACTUATOR). iS THIS EASY TO REPLACE NYSELF OR DOES THIS NEED TO GO TO THE SHOP?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: C0379. NOT SURE HOW TO RESET IT
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 2500HD CREW CAB
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried nothing only just bought the code reader and on first run I get this error code C0379
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know want I don't know
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 3 months ago.

would you like instructions on replacement?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please do you also have the part number?

give me a few ill get that for ya

GM P/N 26060073

•Service and Repair

Front Drive Axle Actuator Replacement

Removal Procedure

1.Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle (See: Maintenance\Vehicle Lifting\Service and Repair) .
2.Remove the engine shield, if equipped. Refer to Engine Shield Replacement (See: Body and Frame\Frame\Skid Plate\Service and Repair\Engine Shield Replacement) .
3.Disconnect the electrical connector from the actuator.

4.Remove the actuator (1) for the 8.25 inch axle (2) or (3) for the 9.5 inch axle (4) by turning the actuator counterclockwise.

Installation Procedure

1.Apply sealant to the threads of the actuator (1) for the 8.25 inch axle (2) or (3) for the 9.25 inch axle (4). Use the correct sealant. Refer to Adhesives, Fluids, Lubricants, and Sealers (See: Transmission and Drivetrain\Differential Assembly\Specifications\Fluid Types) . Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution (See: Service Precautions\Vehicle Damage Warnings\Fastener Caution) .
2.Install the actuator (1 or 3).

Tighten the actuator to 20 Nm (15 lb ft).

3.Connect the electrical connector to the actuator.
4.Install the engine shield, if equipped. Refer to Engine Shield Replacement (See: Body and Frame\Frame\Skid Plate\Service and Repair\Engine Shield Replacement) .
5.Lower the vehicle

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. As always I'm happy to provide my time/service & resources so If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you. Thank you and good luck with your vehicle!