GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2016 impala with 2600 miles that shifts unevenly in

Customer Question

I have a 2016 impala with 2600 miles that shifts unevenly in low gears. None of the lower gears seem to shift crisply especially 3rd gear which seems to have a significant delay. The dealer service tech took it for a ride and said the shift pattern was the result of it being a 6 speed and this was normal. He also said it very well may get better as time goes on. I can't believe this. What is your take?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 2 months ago.

any slipping or high revs or banging?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
John: No slipping or banging but shifting in one of the gears sometimes has higher revs than one would excpect. My wife's Lexus RX 350 is what I'm using for comparison. It goes through its 5 speeds Impala is nowhere how her car shifts. The gear that has higher revs is the one that seems to hesitate in the middle of the shift. My wife's Lexus never hesitates like my Impala does. There is hesitation downshifting as well. There are no engine warning lights or any other warning lights ion. Thanks for your help.JoeJoe

they do shift a little odd have your driven another new one to see if its the same? it is a characteristic of the gm six speed