GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2004 Chev, Aveo. Will NOT crank. Dash and dome lights,

Customer Question

2004 Chev, Aveo. Will NOT crank. Dash and dome lights, radio, horn, AC blower, and etc. Are working fine. The car is an automatic. I've worked the gear shift several times. Nada. I've checked the fuse box under the hood and everything seems to be OK. Although I'm not too sure of exactly I'm looking at. The car started fine a couple weeks ago. But after sitting a couple of weeks, out of the blue this happens. Still not sure where the starter "relay" is located. I know about the solenoid. In my time the solenoid would make a noticeable "click" even if was bad. The only audio clue I get is a wimpy little click coming from the passenger (right) end of the dash. Any ideas or places to look for my little gremlin?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Possible causes and the physical location of all components possibly causing this problem.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! Have you checked for power down to the starter? The starter motor could simply just be bad. Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash when trying to start the engine?