kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I am building a '52MG TD with a custom frame and 305 Chevy

Customer Question

I am building a '52MG TD with a custom frame and 305 Chevy engine. I am using a 2002 IROC rear end. I just ran brake lines and made all of my own fittings. All fittings are double flare. The front are working fine as are all of the connections. However, I have new brake calipers for the rear end and had to do the lines twice. The first ones were standard length and ended up bottoming our before they were tight. I re-did these with longer brake line nuts only to have them bottom out as well and the are leaking. Does the 2002 IROC rear end have special brake line fittings? If so, do I have to get them from Chevy? I am only aware of 2 lengths of these from past projects. Thanks, Dennis
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 9 months ago.

The rear calipers do not have the fitting in the hole for the brake lines. The calipers had rubber lines attached to them and the metal line screwed into the rubber line. If you are wanting to use a metal line you will need to get an adapter that will tighten into the caliper so you can get the metal line to set in to the adapter. The hole in the caliper had a banjo bolt that went through the end of the rubber line.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is there a dwg of this? I'm a bit confused. By using the metal fitting, have I ruined the hole for the rubber fitting? TKs, "D"

Let me see what I have, and no I do not think you have messed anything up.

The 02 camaro had 4 wheel disk brakes with traction control, so each wheel had to have its own brake line all the way to the abs control unit. Here is a diagram of how it was set up on the 02 car.