Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

2005 Equinox sunroof - wouldn't work for a while, now it

Customer Question

2005 Equinox sunroof - wouldn't work for a while, now it will raise and lower multiple times when the vehicle is turned off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can only hold the center button while turning the key to off. I tried to remove the 20A fuse in the underhood fuse box, but it still gets power
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not right now
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

GM has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are having that calls for replacing the control module with a new updated unit that I suspect is the problem you are having. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review as it very likely applies. Have a look and see if this will solve your problem. I suspect it will.