Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I've been noticing that the tpms on my 2013 Chevy Silverado

Customer Question

I've been noticing that the tpms on my 2013 Chevy Silverado is not accurate on the L. front wheel for about three months. The digital reading has been drifting down. Today I received a warning on my console to check for an under-inflated tire. My tires have been properly inflated all along. What do you think is going on?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. That tire sensor in the left front tire will need to be replaced. Each sensor has a small battery. Over time, those batteries get low. The batteries in the sensors are not replacable. The sensor itself will need to be replaced. Now keep this in mind: if one sensor is failing, then the other 3 will eventually fail also. So I recommend that you replace all 4 if you can. Now of course the dealer can do this, but most tire stores can also do the sensor replacement.I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it and if you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris