GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado Z71. Bought it brand new and

Customer Question

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado Z71. Bought it brand new and had a rock solid, heavy duty feeling brake pedal. Over time it has become more and more spongy. I even pushed it to the floor. At that point, I took it to the Dealer with less than 3000 miles. They bled the brakes and set the pedal to "a softer setting." They continue to be very spongy. I returned to the dealer and they assure nothing is wrong, simply the vacuum regulating the pressure. This is common is all of the 2016 trucks and just how they are. Do I need to be worrying? Is there a solution for the spongy brakes?
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Typo I have a 2016 Truck
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 2 months ago.

does it fade to the floor? have you driven another on the lot to see if it feels the same? gm pedals generally feel slightly spongey to me