GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 39 Chevy tracker and live in Costa Rica. In the

Customer Question

I have a 39 Chevy tracker and live in Costa Rica. In the last few months when I put the key in and try to turn on the car I hear the doors lock and then just a mini click sound. My mechanic has replaced the starter and checked the battery. After several days with the new starter it did the same thing. Took it back to him and it would do more of the same. I could see he was puzzeled and I have to take it back tomorrow. Got any ideas on what the problem could be. Thanks, Rosemary
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2CNBJ1360W6917026 I have no answer from you and so got info from a friend and don't have time to do anything now. It is dark, so please cancel all my connections with you. I am not satisfied and don't like the website.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 2 months ago.

No problem.