Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ Sunroof is stuck partially

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Sunroof is stuck partially open
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it making any noises when trying to open or close it or did it make any abnormal noises when it became stuck at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it is partially open
Switch does not work
So there is a gap
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Just to be sure there are no clicking noises as well with this issue am I correct?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no noise at all
No power
It seems like
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,locate the S/Roof 30 amp fuse in the under hood fuse panel and make sure it is o.k.If it is blown it will need replaced.This fuse powers the sunroof module/motor assembly.

If the fuse is o.k. with what you have described here this sounds like either the sun roof switch itself is at fault needing replaced or the sun roof motor/module needing replaced.To be able to locate which is the cause here you will need a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with the BCM (body control module) to view and monitor data from the sun roof switch to see if the switch is sending open and closed signals.If it is not I suspect the switch needs replaced.If it is and the fuse is good then I suspect the sun roof motor/module needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete