Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1998 Isuzu Hombre the security yellow light stay on

Customer Question

i have a 1998 Isuzu Hombre the security yellow light stay on battery light but still drive ABS Fuel also only drive it one mile only and stop can you help me with this
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: all of them comes on so the truck drive and struggle don't know if it will shout off
JA: What is the model of your '98 Chevy?
Customer: 98 chevy
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i hope to fix it my self i try to reset the truck computer
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i also look up to see if it have a shout of system on it but cant find nothing
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The security light coming on indicates that a fault has been detected with one of the vehicles security components.This can be that the key is failing or the immobilizer that reads the key is at fault or an ecu fault.If the engine starts and runs it will not shut off when running even with this light on.The risk is at some point if this is not looked into and repaired it may not start.

The anti lock brake light coming on indicates that a fault is detected by the abs computer.This can be a sensor or component in the abs system that needs replaced.The fuel light is usually an issue with a faulty fuel level sensor needing replaced in the fuel tank as this is most common.

O.k.,what has to be done from here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to read out the fault codes in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair the issues.

There will be at least one code set for the theft/security issue as well as one code set for the anti lock brake issue that will help diagnose which components are at fault needing repaired or replaced.

In some cases you can get the fault codes read out at no charge to you at a local parts store but if this is not an option here then someone with a compatible scan tool will have to check the codes or a dealer or repair center with a compatible scan tool.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete