Edgar, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  22 years General Motors Technician, ASE Master Tech certified

Iim getting a warning signal that says "service tire moniter

Customer Question

Iim getting a warning signal that says "service tire moniter system"
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: No but i recently replaced my 24 inch wheels back to the stock wheels that had before
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Its a 2007 Chevy Silverado texas edition
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 4 doir
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I havent tried to fix it but i would love to do it myself
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today, the reason why the message is on is because the tire pressure sensors are not programmed, when you replace the 24 inch wheels back to the stock wheels did you swapped the tire pressure sensors back to the stock wheels? if you did then the sensors need to be relearned back in their position and unfortunately the dealer has the special tool to relearn the sensors if none of them broke off in the process of replacing the wheel if one or more sensors broke then the sensor need to be replace and then relearned.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No i didnt it was done at the place where i bought the wheels they installed the 24 inch wheels but i did replaced the stock wheels back and since than that message pop can i fix that???
Expert:  Edgar replied 2 months ago.
The tire pressure sensors in the stock wheels need to be relearn here is the process: I you have a keyless entry transmitter press the lock and unlock button until the horn chirp sounds the learn mode has been enable the left front turn signal will also illuminated starting with the left front wheel increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for the horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp the sensor information is learned then repeat the 8-10 seconds pressure increase/decrease on the other wheels on the following order: right front, right rear, left rear. When the left rear sensor has been learned a double horn chirp has sounded and the learn process is completed and the warning indicator should turn off. Then turn the ignition switch off for 30 seconds then on and process complete, if the light still on then there is a problem with one of the sensors.