Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

I have a 2002 SIlverado 2500HD. My climate control stopped

Customer Question

I have a 2002 SIlverado 2500HD. My climate control stopped working, the battery light in the message center stays on, bright light indicator doesnt illuminate, cruise control wont work, fog light indicator wont work etc. this all happened at the same time
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: cruise control wont work. checked fuses yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am hoping to fix this myself. checked all fuses, reseated cable on cluster. battery is brand new
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done yet is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

If you know for sure all fuses are good this may be a fault with the electronic ignition switch or possibly the BCM (body control module) itself.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced.If you can get the codes read out with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model let me know as this will help diagnose this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete