AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Dead battery...inserted key in ignition and everything

Customer Question

dead battery...inserted key in ignition and everything dead...no lights or anything.
Cannot access the battery...can't get cover off. It has two spring clips which I've released; however the battery COVER is still stuck and won't move (no screws holding it)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2009 Chevy Equinox VIN 2CNDL33F396206763..battery is dead. If I can access the battery, I can charge the dead battery OR I can buy a new one (if needed). My problem is: I cannot remove the battery cover. The cover is held in place by two spring clips on back side. If one releases these clips the cover SHOULD rotate up towards front of car and then rock back to clear tabs in front portion...the cover won't move (not even wiggle). There are no screws holding it down. I cannot see what's holding it so firmly in place. I can't destroy the cover because it supports the computer module for the car.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Can you upload a picture?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can do better than that....go to the following site (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srz-mytoMgE); this video is fort 2008, but it's exactly like what I have on 2009 Equinox. Battery cover is exactly the same; HOWEVER, my cover won't budge when I dis-engage the clips shown on rear of battery cover. That's MY problem.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried one more time and, in a backward way, I was able to remove the cover. So, everything is good.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.
Excellent! Did you get up and running? Are you good to go?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Battery checked in at 3.7 volts so I have a trickle charger on it now. Battery appears to be original to car (Delco 7yr) so I imagine the battery is gone. I'll try this charging before purchasing a new one.
I'm good to go.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello! YUP! That will do it! Let me know how it goes. I have a feeling that will do the trick. :)

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!