Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2007 Suburban 4wd. transmission won't go into drive or 3rd.

Customer Question

2007 Suburban 4wd. transmission won't go into drive or 3rd. It will start in 1 and can manually shifted into 2, and 3 and D and drives. What can this be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

did this happen out of the blue one day ?

is the check engine light on ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No check engine light.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

when this happens i am sorry to say the 3rd gear clutches are burned out or the forward sprag gear clutch is not holding

those are the only things that will cause this problem

if the fluid is filled up i am sorry to say the transmission needs to come out and apart to inspect both to see which one is bad

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

how are you making out ?