Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

I just had my van serviced and it had what we though was a

Customer Question

I just had my van serviced and it had what we though was a slight run offon our driveway now the low pressure chimes at me occasionally when driving. the oil light isn't on but I'm getting concerned. We have never had a problem with the van until now.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The red Oil light on my dash, it is not on but where my mileage id displayed it say low pressure oil when I drive sometimes then goes off.
JA: What year is your Van?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, we were going to take to the dealership but don't want to pay an arm and leg for the work.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what is the make and model?

what engine do you have?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Chevy Uplander 2007 V6 engine

does the engine rattle or make any noise?

with a mechanical oil test gauge,here is what you need to do.

you need to test the oil pressure ..

if the pressure tests good with the test gauge,then you need to replace the oil pressure sender.

if the pressure is in fact low,then you may have an internal engine problem such as a bad oil pump,,but i would think the problem is the sender,these will go bad from time to time.

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Oil Pressure Sender

Oil Pressure Sending Unit

12570798 $58.52

Contact Dealer for most current part and price information

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

B 0.4 0.5 hours labor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help