Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I am getting a code p2510, yes i have tried, thats the code

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am getting a code p2510
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes i have tried
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: thats the code it gave me
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: the ignition wont start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: but will with the remote start but not when i put the key in and turn it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no thats all
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what year and model this vehicle is as well as engine liter size?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2012 chev silverado 2500 HD Duramax 6.6 size
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like to DIY this and have already tried switching the relay switch
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Are you saying you already swapped out the KR75 powertrain relay and this did not correct the issue?If you did not swap out this relay this is most common for this code to set here with it needing replaced.Below is the diagnostic procedure and info on this code and circuit.

Circuit/System Description

The powertrain relay is a normally open relay. The relay armature is held in the open position by spring tension. Battery positive voltage is supplied directly to the relay coil and the switch contact at all times. The engine control module (ECM) supplies the ground path to the relay coil control circuit via an internal integrated circuit called an output driver. When the ECM commands the powertrain relay ON, ignition 1 voltage is supplied to the ECM, and to several additional circuits.

If the relay fails to close, the engine will not crank.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz1c4kct9144c23/kr75-08-15.gif?dl=0

1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the KR75 powertrain relay.
2. Verify that a test lamp does not illuminate between the ignition voltage circuit terminal 87 and ground.

◊If the test lamp illuminates, test the ignition voltage circuit for a short to voltage. Also test for a short to voltage on the circuits to the following ECM terminals:

* X1-2
* X1-3
* X1-6
* X1-33
* X2-1
* X2-3

3. Connect a DMM set to the diode setting between relay control circuit terminal 86 and ground. Verify the DMM displays OL.

◊If not the specified value, test the relay control circuit for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the K20 ECM.

4. If all circuits test normal, replace the KR75 powertrain relay.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
where is the KR75 powertrain relay located
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

It should be located in the under hood fuse panel and labeled as PWRTRAIN or POWERTRAIN relay.Can you check and see if you can locate it.It may also be labeled ignition 1.If you can locate any of these here try tapping on them and see if the engine then cranks and runs even if briefly.If it does then the relay needs replaced.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hello so I have taken out the pwr relay and replaced the ecm cracks but does not run. I ever switched the pwr relay with the park relay and still nothing
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

If the code is still setting with this issue here you will have to follow the diagnostic testing procedure above to locate and repair this fault.