Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile

Yesterday I needed a jump to start the 2009 Silverado 1500

Customer Question

Yesterday I needed a jump to start the 2009 Silverado 1500 ls. The engine started right up but didn't sound quite correct. Anyway needed to get home so I started driving. The truck became possessed. The engine started to die and got all jerky when I accelerated. The power Door locks started operating lock/unlock, all dash lights came on and went off and engine was lacking power. After driving say 200 feet all was well until I slowed or had to stop, then the fun began gain. Finally got on the freeway and the truck ran like a champ. No problems even if I slowed down or stepped on the brakes. Parked in driveway and turned off and will not start now battery is dead. Prior to all this I had no idiot lights lit on dash and still don't have any lit.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 2 months ago.

hello , I can help you with this . the first thing you need to do is remove the battery terminals and clean everything realy well with a wire brush .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had the battery out oh about 2 weeks ag and all terminals were cleaned and the cables tightened

okay and now have you charged or tested your battery ? What was your reason for taking the battery out and cleaning all the terminals before ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, I was going to wire up a third stop light on an old cap I placed on the bed. I had the engine fuze box cover off and the fuze panel out. I used this forum to get the panel back in. Anyway no wire was ever attached. I had disconnected the battery terminals so I wouldn't activate the air bags accidentally. That is why I cleaned them because the battery is a bugger to even get to. Had to take braces off and everything.

yes not easy to get at the batttery . Have you charged your battery ?

can you please leave me a positive feedback rating for assisting you with your issue . thanks , Kevin .