GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2016 Chevy2500 HD with the duramax. It has 2590

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Chevy2500 HD with the duramax. It has 2590 miles on it. Yesterday, with the transmission in drive, the engine is loud and it is shifting like it's in manual mode.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Edgar replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today, have you check if there is any diagnostic trouble codes? check in front of the engine by the serpentine belt if there is any wiring harness that is rubbing on the belt by the a/c compressor area, the transmission control module wire harness routing allows interference with the belt causing damage to the harness, if the harness is good then the valve body need to be inspected to sticking valve on inspect the pressure switch manifold.