Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My 2001 Silverado 1500 v6 330k miles revs up and then dies

Customer Question

My 2001 Silverado 1500 v6 330k miles revs up and then dies sometimes on it's own when at a stop. AC is on.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for the long wait and that you have this problem my name is Gary

all other times the truck is fine only at a stop this will happen with your foot off the gas pedal ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Foot is only on the brake at stoplight
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

ok i was just being sure

when these will only stall at a stop at idle with the AC on the issue is usually a dirty throttle body where the computer can not properly adjust the idle correctly to compensate when the AC is on or the computer programming needs to be updated in the computer

its best to clean the throttle body and if it still does this have the computer reprogrammed and the crank sensor relearned and the idle with the scan tool

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?