Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

On Chevy Silverado blower motor runs all the time. Why?

Customer Question

Blower motor runs all the time. I have a Chevy Silverado that has done 90000 and it is automatic. I pulled the fan speed control. I hear it is possibly the resistor bank.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

May I have the year of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2007
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.
Great, thanks! Ok. The Auto Temp System does not have a "resistor". It has a blower motor control module. This is very similar to a resistor, it's just "smarter" to accommodate the auto feature. The processor is located under the passenger's side dash, mounted to the HVAC housing, near the blower motor (click here for image view:https://goo.gl/Q2cLTI ). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or melted wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the control module will solve the problem.
If there are any other questions you had on this, or there was something specific you needed addressed, please feel free to reply and ask!