Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Misses and backfires and hard to start, Backfiring through

Customer Question

Misses and backfires and hard to start
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Backfiring through exhaust
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 04 3500 express 6l
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed plugs,wired,bank 1 sensor 1 bank 2 sensor 1&2 ,camshaft sensor fuel pump
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Started 3 days ago towing a trailer up mountains stated sa going up hills towards the top that is when it started missing then got progressively worse it's fine when cold for about 3 to 4 miles then slowly gets worse
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • A valve issue looks to be to blame now. Can you run a compression test?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris