GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Got an 06 impala, when it's above 90 degrees outside the

Customer Question

Got an 06 impala, when it's above 90 degrees outside the door locks lock and unlock on their own , my gages jump, Ihear what sounds like a relay clicking insde the left side of the dash. Also the trans shift hard. I gea errorcode P0700 and U0101. Mid you the car runs flawless below 90. I still get 30mpg. The car is pushing 300k miles. I maintain this car very well. Thoughts?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Miles =285000, starts fine no problems
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have an engineering degree in electronics and have always worked on my cars, it's a serious hobby.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The gages bounce,the illuminated square aroun the "D" that indicates shifter position flashes.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Good morning Im David,,,about the p0700 code: The ecm has turned the cel light on after receiving a message from the tcm that a dtc has set in the tcm. you will need a full function scan tool to read the dtc that has set in the tcm.

the u101 is a failed communication with the tcm will cause the p0700 to set.
first I would check all of the connection plugs to the transmission, . It sounds like you might have a loose or broken wire. but the jacket is not broken. you may have to take it to the dealer and get a replacement harness just the one for the control module
You will need the tcm codes to continue any diagnosis.

You can check the condition of the fluid. Is it brown, smelly and burned, or clean and bright red?

do you still need assistance?