GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

The blower in my 2006 avalanche works sometimes and not

Customer Question

the blower in my 2006 avalanche works sometimes and not other times. It seems when it is really cold outside or really hot is when it acts up. I can start it up and everything is fine, but if I shut it off(the engine), the fan will not come back on for several minutes or sometimes days The heater/AC is working as I can feel warm/cool air from the vents. It is all digital and separate controls for driver/passenger.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working?
Customer: yes, I did when it was doing this in the winter, not recently though, but that did not fix it then.
JA: What is the model of your '06 Chevy?
Customer: Avalanche
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, other than coolant and checking fuses, which I know would not come on at times if that were the problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really, when the blower is on, the heater/AC both work great. I have tried hitting the dash and around the fan box.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Does this vehicle have the Auto Temp Control system?